Chronic illnesses

If a child suffers from a chronic illness, parents/guardians should inform the nurses accordingly. It is also important to know in which hospital the child has been treated previously in order to save time in case of an emergency. If a student is taking medication during the school day, the school nurses must be informed. Primary school children are not allowed to administer medication to themselves. Emergency as well as permanent medication can be deposited in the Office of the Health Service. If required, the declaration of consent for the administration of medication must be completed and deposited at the Office of the Health Service together with the medication.