Insurance Coverage

Pupils are insured in the event of an accident occurring on the school premises or on the way to school and back home by the Unfallkasse Hessen.

In the case of an accident that requires medical care, the doctor has to be informed of the fact that the accident has taken place on school grounds and that the  Unfallkasse Hessen will bear the costs. Private remittance should not be accepted as the Unfallkasse Hessen will only cover the costs appropriate for the fees indicated within the public insurance scheme. However, if a private treatment is desired, additional costs incurred will have to be covered by your private health insurance. For further info please see read the document “School Accidents”.